Nandrolonedecanoate is available with the brand name Virtunandrol. Virtunandrol is an anabolic steroid that is attached to decanoatewhich is a massive ester. This ester is slow releasing and a long acting compound. It is one of the most widely used anabolic steroids. Anabolic steroids are reported to decrease high-density lipoproteins and increase low-density lipoproteins.Virtunandrol is designed for a sole purpose to increase the volume of red blood cells and hemoglobin and also promote retention of nitrogen. These functions enhance the anabolic activity which thereby works on the muscular physique of the person.
What are Virtunandrol injections used for?
The Virtunandrol injections are useful for treating the following conditions. They are:
- Bone loss
- Renal insufficiency
- Kidney failure
- Breast cancer
How does Virtunandrol injections act?
Virtunandrol is an androgen receptor agonist. It possesses androgenic and anabolic properties. Virtunandrol promotes anabolism of proteins and also stimulates appetite which reduces the negative nitrogen balance and also reverses the catabolic processes. This process reduces bone resorption and increases lean body mass and bone density in patients. Androgens affect the production of erythrocytes, blood glucose and calcium balance.
An increase in the erythrocyte production is due to the overall production of erythropoietic stimulating factor. The administration of Virtunandrol injection increases the volume of red blood cells and hemoglobin in patients suffering from anemia which is associated with renal disease. Anabolic steroids suppress the gonadotropin-releasing hormone, thereby reducing the gonadotrophic function of pituitary gland. This reduces the production of luteinizing hormone, follicle-stimulating hormone, and endogenous testosterone.
Available forms of Virtunandrol
The injectable form of Virtunandrol is an oily solution that is given intramuscularly and is available as 250mg dosage.
How to take Virtunandrol injections?
The recommended dosage of Virtunandrol is 250mg which is administered intramuscularly weekly once. This is a minimum dosage which may vary depending on the person's requirements and performance based effects.
Virtunandrol injections are administered only intramuscularly and not through intravenous route. It has high lipid solubility which rapidly diffuses into the cells. As this drug contains benzyl alcohol, patients who are sensitive to this formulation should avoid or consult a doctor before taking Virtunandrol injections.
Warnings and precautions with the use of Virtunandrol injections
- The patient should immediately inform the doctor in case they experience nausea, vomiting, any kind of allergic reaction at the site of injection etc.
- Over dosage of the drug should not be taken as it may be harmful or the patient may experience some kind of side-effects or complications.
- Take the drug as prescribed by the doctor.
- Do not discontinue the use of Virtunandrol unless told by the doctor.
- Do not consume alcohol or use tobacco as it may increase the side effects of the drug.
- Women may experience male physical characteristics such as muscle bulk, deep voice and body hair.
- Bodybuilders with a history of myocardial infarction or coronary artery disease should inform the doctor before taking Virtunandrol injections.
- People with a history of myocardial infarction or coronary artery disease should keep a track of the medical condition as they may develop a few complications in case of over dosage of the drug.
- People taking the drug should also have a check on the retention of fluid, hunger, jaundice, and reduction in the cholesterol levels as these are the side effects of Virtunandrol injections.
- The serum lipid profile, which includes a reduction in the HDL levels and an elevation in the LDL levels, should be monitored as the administration of Virtunandrol may cause alterations in the serum lipid profile.
Possible side effects of Virtunandrol injections
The side effects of Virtunandrol injections are:
- Inflammation in the ankle
- Increase in the size of the breast
- Swelling on the face
- Breathing problems
- Allergic reactions on the skin
- Trouble passing urine
- Yellowing of the eyes and skin
- Irregular menstrual periods
- Change in the color of the skin
- Decrease or increase in sexual drive
- Inability to achieve an erection
- Tenderness, redness or irritation at the site of injection
- Problems in the testicle
- Fertility problems
- Irritation in the bladder
Overdose and missed dose of Virtunandrol injections
In case of an overdose or missed dose of Virtunandrol, take the next scheduled dose when you remember. In case the timing is close to the next dose, it is advisable to skip the dose. Inform the doctor before administering the Virtunandrol injection as an overdose or missed dose may develop a few complications or may increase the side effects of the drug.
- Pregnant and breast-feeding mothers should avoid the administering Virtunandrol as it may cause adverse effects on the baby's health. Inform the doctor before you plan to stop administering the drug.
- Virtunandrol injections are not recommended for growing children as this may hamper their bone growth and overall development of the body.
- Virtunandrol may stimulate the growth of cancerous tissues and therefore men suffering with prostate cancer should avoid taking Virtunandrol injections.