Methandienone popularly known as Dianabol or Methandrostenolone is an anabolic steroid derived from testosterone. Bodybuilders are using Methandienone for about six decades now. It boosts muscle mass to give you a bulkier look. It improves your strength, stamina, and overall performance is enhanced. Moreover, it is the first compound available in the form of pills. Unlike injectable forms, it is easy to take and does not require daily monitoring by a doctor. It is effective even in small doses. You can get to see impressive results within few weeks of usage. It is relatively safe compound to get a muscular look when compared to testosterone.
What are methandienone tablets used for?
The anabolic and androgenic properties of the compound can be used by:
- Athletes and body builders use Methandienone to get that bulkiness in the body. It helps you to lose excess fat deposited in the body and gain lean muscle mass. You can increase physical strength, boost stamina, improve muscle power, and promote appetite. It will help to enhance your performance. So, it is popularly known as ‘Mass steroid.’
- The ability of the compound to increase calcium and potassium levels in the blood could be beneficial to patients with corticosteroid-induced or idiopathic osteoporosis.
- Methandienone is included as one of the supportive care drugs used in the treatment regimen for cancer and AIDS to address severe weight loss.
- The red blood cell count is increased with the use of methandienone.
- Methandienone keeps you in a state of well being. It is responsible for aggressive behavior.
How do methandienone tablets act?
The primary action is in proteins synthesis, retention of nitrogen, and enhancement of glycogenolysis.
Proteins are the basic building blocks of muscle. If you have to increase your muscle mass and look strong, you should have many proteins. Methandienone prevents the loss of proteins from the body through sweating, urination, etc. Thereby, proteins get accumulated and give a bulky appearance to the body. It increases the amount of proteins synthesized.
Nitrogen, a major component of amino acids, make up the structure of proteins. Methandienone acts by retaining the nitrogen in the body. This, in turn, triggers anabolic activity and result in building up of muscles. The more the amount of nitrogen in the body the better will be the muscle build up.
In addition to the above mentioned actions, methandienone increases the conversion of glycogen to glucose. Glucose gives you instant energy. Indirectly, methandienone gives you energy and improves your stamina. It increases your appetite for carbohydrates.
Available forms of methandienone
Methandienone is available as oral and injectable forms.
- The oral form of methandienone is slightly modified at the 17th carbon position to make it absorbable in the stomach and intestine. It is available in 10mg, 20mg, 25mg, and 50mg tablets.
- The injectable form of methandienone is is available as 10ml vials. It is injected into intramuscular and subcutaneous sites.
How to take methandienone tablets?
Men: Recommended dosage for men is 15-50 mg per day for a cycle of 6-8 weeks.
Women: Recommended dosage for women is 5-10 mg per day for a cycle of 4-6 weeks.
Methandienone can surely give you a weight gain of 2-4 pounds in the first 6 weeks of usage. The compound is available in the blood for a petite time only. So, it is advisable to split the daily dosage into two or three smaller dosages. It helps to keep the concentration of compound constant in the blood. It is desirable to take the compound along with meals so that there are no harmful effects on the gastrointestinal system.
Methandienone is the best suitable compound for kick-starters. Most of the bodybuilders prefer using it in the off-season cycles. It helps to build the muscle mass and gain bulky appearance. It gives enhanced stamina and strength. Initially, individuals can begin with 10-20 mg of compound per day for 4-6 weeks. It is advisable to give a gap of 4-6 weeks before planning the next cycle to keep good health of the liver. Once a plateau is noticed in the weight gain or bulkiness, the dosage of pills can be increased. However, it is better to stack with injectable forms of steroids or testosterone. Deca-durablin, Boldenone Undecyclenate, Enanthate, and Cypionate are common compounds stacked along with Methandienone.
Warnings and precautions with the use of methandienone tablets
The dosage of Methandienone should never exceed 100mg per day, or the number of cycles should never be less than 3 cycles.
To get maximum results from Methandienone without becoming victim to side effects, you need to follow some safety precautions.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol during Methandienone cycles. The chances of you getting liver toxicity increase when alcohol is paired with Methandienone. The metabolism of Methandienone and alcohol induced hardening of liver cells causes liver damage.
- Stack testosterone along with Methandienone. Methandienone is known to suppress the natural production of the hormone testosterone. To compensate for the lack of testosterone, it is stacked with methandienone.
- In normal individuals, 20-40 mg is considered to be safe. However, it is advised to start with low doses. It gives time for the body to adapt and see how the body is responding to the compound.
It is necessary to keep an eye on certain parameters of the body that indicate the possibility of developing side effects due to methandienone:
- Liver function tests: Studies have shown that long-term and excessive use of methandienone causes liver toxicity. It is advised to check for any alterations and proceed with immediate treatment.
- Testosterone: Methandienone causes suppression of testosterone production. Regular monitoring of testosterone levels helps to decide if the individual needs replacement or not.
- Blood pressure and cholesterol: Water retention seen in methandienone usage increases the blood pressure. It also increases the level of cholesterol. Both of these cause problems in the cardiovascular system.
Possible side effects of methandienone tablets
Methandienone interacts with the enzyme aromatase and is converted to estrogen. It shows estrogen related and androgen-related side effects such as:
- development of boobs in males, a condition known as gynecomastia
- bloating of face, neck, body parts due to water retention
- acne, hoarseness of voice, and facial hair growth in women users
- the increase in BP due to water retention
- male pattern baldness
- hypertrophy of clitoris
- liver and kidney damage on long term use
To overcome these side effects, aromatase inhibitors such as Arimidex and estrogen blockers such as Clomid, Nolvadex are used after the cycle.
Overdose and missed dose of Methandienone tablets
Overdose: Methandienone dosage should never exceed 100mg per day and should not be less than 3 cycles. There is no life threatening harm due to an overdose of methandienone. However, mild symptoms of nausea and vomiting are seen in most of the cases. It results in exaggeration of adverse effects that are seen with methandienone use. There is no specific antidote. Benzodiazepines or antipsychotic drugs can be used to relieve aggressive behavior.
Chronic effects of poisoning include damage to the liver. It is most commonly seen with the oral form of methandienone. The modification at the 17th position of carbon causes stress on the liver for metabolism of the compound.
Missed dose: The medicine should be taken at regular intervals every day. If the regular dose is missed, it should be taken immediately as possible. However, if it almost time for the next dose, the missed dose should be skipped to avoid a double dose.
It is advisable to avoid methandienone usage in certain conditions such as:
Pregnant and lactating mother- Studies are not clear if Methandienone can harm the fetus or breastfeeding babies if the mother is on cycles. So, to keep on the safer side, Methandienone is avoided during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Hypercalcemia- Methandienone results in an increase in calcium and potassium levels in the blood. Hypercalcemia, a condition in which there is excessive calcium in the blood. So, to avoid calcium toxicity, Methandienone is avoided in Hypercalcemic patients.
Cancer- Methandienone is not advised for men and women with breast cancer and in males having prostatic cancer.
Individuals with cardiovascular problems should not take methandienone.