Clenbuterol hydrochloride is a non-steroid but works similar to a steroid. It is a weight loss drug, popularly known as “Size zero” drug and is used for several years by celebrities to achieve stellar results. It burns fat and enhances heart functioning by increasing oxygen transportation leading to a ripped body. It also causes decongestion and bronchodilation and is prescribed commonly for asthma patients. The drug has a quick and long-lasting action. Clenbuterol hydrochloride has fewer side effects over other FDA approved drugs making it a safer drug. However, it should be considered for short-term use only to avoid the long-term side effects.
What are clenbuterol hydrochloride tablets used for?
- Clenbuterol hydrochloride tablets are used for patients with respiratory problems such as a blockage in the airways or swollen airways. Thus it effective for asthma patients. The tablets are also used along with other drugs for the treatment of pneumonia.
- Clenbuterol hydrochloride tablets are used by athletes to lose body weight without affecting muscle strength. There are reports of 10-20 pounds of fat loss in one month of its use.
How do clenbuterol hydrochloride tablets act?
For lung problems:
Clenbuterol hydrochloride tablet acts on β2-adrenergic receptors to cause smooth muscle relaxation leading to the widening of the airway passage. This effect is seen within 15 – 20 minutes of taking the tablet and lasts for 14 hours.
For weight loss:
Clenbuterol hydrochloride tablet acts by burning fat due to its thermogenic properties i.e. it increases the body temperature by raising the blood pressure. The drug also enhances the breakdown of glycogen, reducing the ability of the body to store glycogen. Thus, the rate at which fat and protein are used by the body gets increased causing a loss of fat tissue.
Available forms of clenbuterol hydrochloride
Clenbuterol hydrochloride is available in several dosage forms such as tablets, granules, liquids, syrups, drops, injections, and aerosols.
How to take clenbuterol hydrochloride tablets?
The clenbuterol hydrochloride tablets should be taken as recommended by the doctor and at regularly scheduled time every day. The dose may be changed by the doctor based on response to the treatment.
The recommended dose of clenbuterol hydrochloride tablets is 20 µg twice per day. Some patients may require 40 µg twice per day.
For physique and performance enhancement:
Generally, the dose is taken in cycles by individuals based on their sensitivity to efficacy and side effects. The cycle begins with 20 µg – 40 µg per day and slowly the dose is increased every third day till the desired dose is attained.
Men: Recommended dose ranges from 80 µg to 160 µg per day. Ideal dose for men is 120 µg.
Women: Recommended dose ranges from 80 µg to 120 µg per day. Ideal dose for women is 80 µg.
Body builders should not take more than 3 tablets of 40 µg per day.
Warnings and precautions with the use of clenbuterol hydrochloride tablets
- Due to the side effects such as blurring of vision and light-headedness, activities which require attention should be avoided (e.g. driving and operating machinery, etc.)
- The following patients should inform their doctors before taking the clenbuterol hydrochloride tablets:
- Who have a history of diabetes, heart problems, and thyroid problems
- Who had previous allergies to the drug (as they can react again)
- Who are taking vitamin or mineral supplements, herbal products, and over the counter drugs
- Who are planning to undergo any surgical or dental procedures
Regular monitoring of blood pressure and heart rate is required with the drug administration.
Possible side effects of clenbuterol hydrochloride tablets
The following side effects can occur with clenbuterol hydrochloride tablets:
Short term side effects
- Muscle tremors (especially shaking hands)
- Muscle cramps
- Increase in blood pressure
- Increase in hunger
Therefore, the individuals with heart problems should not take these tablets.
These side effects diminish as the drug gets eliminated from the body.
Long term side effects
- Increased risk of fractures
- Enlarged heart
- Degeneration of heart
- Worsening of existing heart conditions
Overdose and missed dose of clenbuterol hydrochloride tablets?
Overdose: Overdose with clenbuterol hydrochloride tablets can occur if the dose exceeds 120 µg per day. This causes temporary side effects such as headaches, excessive sweating, heartburn, face flushes, muscle cramps, anxiety, or restlessness.
Missed dose: The tablet should be taken immediately, if it is missed at the regular time. However, the missed dose should be skipped if it is realized on the next day while the regular dose should be taken. This helps to avoid a double dose.
Pregnant women: Although clenbuterol hydrochloride does not cause side effects to the growing fetus, it is recommended to avoid the drug during the first three months of pregnancy. This is because of the possible effects on uterine contraction during child birth.
Breastfeeding women: Clenbuterol hydrochloride can pass into the breast milk. Thus, women who plan to breastfeed their baby should consult the doctor.